Born in México City his professional activity range from acting, producing, directing, coordinating cultural events and teaching.
He started his career as an actor, focusing primarily on the work of masks with Canadian director Glennys McQueen and subsequently with French director Jean Marie Binoche. In Body Awareness Center, he teaches a degree in movement Analysis with Rudolf Laban´s technique. As stage director and producer he has performed multiple projects for theater, opera, music and television. He teaches the voice class of the theater degree at Universidad Autonoma de Sinaloa (Autonomous University of Sinaloa) and directs the deaf theater company in Culiacan Entre Manos.
Founding member of the 1st deaf theater company in Latin America Seña y verbo, founded in 1993. Founding member of Grupo Piensa, dedicated to the implementation of creative processes for institutions, and universities .
Experience With Roy Hart Theatre
In 1982 I met the Roy Hart Group in a theatre festival organized by UNESCO in the city of Zacatecas, México. I had the great opportunity to attend a workshop with Kozana Lucca. In 1986 Richard Amstrong came to México City and I took a course with him and also had my first individual lessons.
Two years later, Richard came back to México City, and once again I attended his workshop. Those first experiences allowed me to continue exploring the Voice with profound meaning, as learned from Kozana and Richard.
In 1995, as a stage director of opera I start to work in a different way with singers, trying to help them find a communion of voice, body and emotion. In 1999, in the II Encuentro Internacional de Teatro del Cuerpo, I came in contact once again with Kozana. It was during this workshop that I and several other persons decided to create a group following the philosophy of Roy Hart and asked Kozana to be our Mentor. In that process, our group “Son Voces” presented a performance called “Voces Secretas y Profanas”. In 2000 I became the Voice teacher in a special training course for actors. I began to give voice lessons in different universities, schools and institutions, teaching according to the principles of the Roy Hart Company.
As a consequence of our experience with Kozana the group “Son Voces” organized encounters with many people interested in exploring the Voice.
During those years Kozana was very closely in touch with us and several times came to México City in order to follow up on our process as a voice teachers. In 2001 Kozana came to Mexico and worked with the group for one full month. We also assisted her in several workshops in Mexico City and Oaxaca.
• In 2002 “Son Voces” created a new show called “Suseso Creativo.”
• In 2003 Enrique Pardo and Linda Wise travelled with “Pantheatre” to Mexico. With them I discovered new ways to work the Voice.
• In 2004 the experience with “Pantheatre” motivated me to start teaching Voice to dancers, as well as continuing to work very hard with my group, performing as well as giving conferences.
• In 2006 Kozana was invited by the University of Hermosillo to come to México and the group Son Voces Shared the process with Kozana.
• In 2007 I travelled to France to attend a workshop with Jonathan Hart and obtained the RHT voice teacher certification.
• In the summer of 2008 I shared a workshop with Kozana in Malerargues about voice and sign languages