The Château de Malérargues, home of Roy Hart Theatre is a beautiful place for exchanges, learning, teaching and creation, that welcomes artists, students, educators, and the curious from all over the world, who come to find unique approaches to the voice, body, movement and psychology, which can be used not only in the field of performing arts but also in everyday life. The teaching is diverse, but always in the tradition of Roy Hart Theatre, where there is a profound connection between a person’s voice and their psyche and where all voices are important. The Centre organizes workshops and activities of its own all year round, and also welcomes artists and companies-in-residence. The facilities consist of:
- A 100 seat theatre
- 2 other large studios suitable for movement and dance.
- 4 medium studios suitable for individual and small group work. All studios have pianos.
- 7 apartments (2 with pianos)
- Shared accommodation for up to 18 persons with bathroom and kitchen facilities.
- A main kitchen capable of preparing meals for up to 60 persons.
- A large conference room for up to 40 persons.
- 2 library/studies.
- 2 outdoor performing spaces.
- Gardens and acres of forest and forest paths to wander in.
The Centre offers isolation from day to day life, exchanges with interesting persons from all over the world and with local public culture. The Centre is recognised by French cultural and education ministries for funded projects. For more information: e-mail
The Centre also offers the possibility to exchange work for teaching and lodging, aimed at those interested in a longer engagement with the life and work of Roy Hart and the Centre. Experience tells us that internships are most creative when the work on both sides of the exchange is serious and committed. Preference is given to candidates who have experience in the Roy Hart approach and who have already visited Malérargues. Applications to the e-mail.